which makes reading aloud with B14 hard
Speaking of B14
He is now on antibiotics for an infection in his foot
He got me really MAD last night and this morning
He said after hed done it that hed never cook again. I worked yesterday afternoon as I usually do. I picked D4 up at 1245 from his dad. Took him to his caregivers (doesnt always feel so good doing this but he LOVES her) then went and picked up my catalogues. As well as picking them up yesterday afternoon I also did the paper run. After I picked D4 up at 5pm I still I had to finish picking up some of the catalogues. Picking them up with D4 is a bit slower although bless his heart, feet and enthusiasm helps. So at about 7pm we finally headed home.
Now B14 knows that after working all that time I expect, value and need dinner to be ready - made by him and waiting for me in my recovery process. Well!!!! He stayed true to his word and there was no dinner!!!
I was A N G R Y!!!!!
I hoped back in the car with D4 and went and got tinned spaghetti and creamed corn(for me) from the supermarket. With strict instructions to at least use the toaster to make some toast.
Now I may have gotten over this had I not seen the oven tray this morning while getting my first coffee of the morning and realized that B14 hadnt used the toaster at all but the oven!!
I did give him a few chores to do last night to make up for it. I am thinking that I may give him back the job of the dishwasher - loading, unloading and putting the dishes away as needed. Im also thinking he could do the vacuum cleaning.
I have enough to do as it is especially without having to do the dinner after an afternoon of extreme business and work.
I cant do everything.
I got out some corn-beef last night and popped it in the crockpot this morning so that will at least deal with dinner tonight and tomorrow night although none of the afternoons are as busy as my my Monday afternoons are.
7 comments:
I'm sorry to hear how overwhelmed you were with all the things you have to do and then what happened with B14. I hope things are cooling down now and getting back to normal for all of you. I know you won't stay mad at him or yourself or anybody, because you will overcome this, Jen. You're doing a wonderful job there trying to keep everything running and in order. :D
Sounds like you're going through those lovely teenage years, I have two of them at the moment - oh joy lol
Definitely get him onto emptying the dish-washer and putting pots away AND vacuuming and generally tidying up.
Also, next time you have some slight mishap and scald, burn or cut yourself, go into drama-queen mode and declare that YOU will never cook again - and see how he likes the prospect of salad and sandwiches from then on!!
You could also try telling him that such mishaps help us to learn from our mistakes and grow into men! Only wimps give up at an accident caused by their own stupidity in not wearing some kind of footwear when cooking!
Being a single parent isn't easy, is it? You'll get through this just as you have every other trial that you have come across. Make sure you're reaching out and getting your strength from the Lord.
thanks friends :)
Found ya via a comment you left on Things that I Love. I REALLY like your illustrations of your kids, stage right - so nifty!
Sorry - I have been out of circulation a bit - what exactly did B14 do?
I came home from town the other after being away all day only to find those at home had cooked in my kitchen and not cleaned up after themselves - meaning I had to clean kitchen before making supper....this was the 2nd time in a row it had happened on a town day....boy did i let rip...and boy did they know i was annoyed....I refused to cook for that night as I had already requested the week before that they clean up after themsleves. I gave each person a piece of fruit and sent them on their way! I bet my kitchen will be sparkling clean next week on town day...if not - no food cooked...they'll get the message eventually! And some, may think me harsh, but when you live in a family of ten - you gotta be firm!
Post a Comment