Late this afternoon after a good cough free afternoon sleep I went out and did B14s paper round and dropped half of my weekly amount of catalogues walking about 3 miles altogether. I had left strict instructions with B14 that I would need dinner when I got back. I said I didnt care what I had as long as it was something.
Upon my arrival home I was stunned as I pulled into our car parking area near the house. All the bits and pieces that were in the backyard where packed into a corner of the section. I wish my camera was working I would have taken photos. Secondly I noticed all my washing that had been hanging up had been taken down. I wondered what the heck was happening. I wondered whether wed been robbed as the boys bikes were no where in sight.
Upon walking into the house I noticed the bikes as well as other bits and pieces including the chairs I have for sitting in the garden in, in the kitchen. Stranger and stranger . . .
I walked through the house - quietly and puzzled
I found B14 in the school room/office on the computer and looked at him
My face have said it all
He explained his motives
He had heard the news on TV to batten things outside down
I cant find where it says to batten things down
however here are some news items I did find in relation to what he heard/saw on TV
This weather is expected to hit the Bay soon
It is raining here as I write/type this and a bit windy
Not only did he do all this
he also made me Nachos with mince for dinner
I praised him
and gave him a hug for a yummy dinner
I am now even more convinced that he is able to pull his weight around here
He reckons his foot isnt hurting tonight so thats good news

9 comments:
Praise God and Go Billy! Well done xox
Excellent news! Compared to what he managed to achieve when he thought the weather might be awful, the tasks you are asking of him are light.
I'm glad his foot is hurting less. Pain is a funny thing. My own foot/toe joint ached awfully Tuesday and Wednesday but was suddenly much better yesterday. Odd!
The important thing is that Billy clearly CAN pull his weight and so should do so regularly
That is SO awesome.
Glad Billy is stepping up to his responsibilities and showing some incentive to think for himself and put others first.
Be safe, Jen!
Love and hugs,
Diane
WOW that is awesome!!!!!!!!! Sounds like he's really growing into a man.
That is wonderful. I'm sure you told him what a blessing it was that he stepped up and did above and beyond what you requested on him. I'm glad that he chose to bless you today. :)
I'm so proud of him for you!!! You've obviously done a great job raising him!
God bless him and all of you! :D
thanks everyone
Post a Comment