Yesterday afternoon B14 and I worked together
He tidied the rooms while I went behind him vacuuming them
He was obedient, tidying as I instructed and going beyond that as well
It wasnt long before the house gleamed again
I was going to tidy the school room office until he said no he would do it
Although I didnt tell him
this is what I wanted to happen a couple of years ago when we were with the ex
At that stage I had wanted the 3 of us to spend an hour or two on a Saturday tidying the place up
The ex was too good at throwing the housework over to someone else to do
which resulted in me doing it as it saved arguments
I firmly believe that as a family its members should help share the load
It gets the chores done in half the time without resentment from anyone
I feel that setting the time and working alongside each other builds unity
6 comments:
Way to go, Jen! Teamwork rocks! All of you rock! :D
Excellent. I'm so glad B14 was so helpful. It made things much easier for you regarding getting the work done and working together in harmony is so much pleasanter for both of you. With D4 at his dad's at the weekend, it gives you and B14 a chance to work together and build an adult relationship.
i couldnt agree more. it just takes so much time and work to teach the kids these thi9ngs but so worth it in the long run! sounds like his foot is getting better? skin heals quickly. good on you all. feel like coming round to do my house now?
I agree. Everyone makes a mess, so everyone needs to help clean up the mess. It's much easier to teach the kids from a young age than it is later in life. They will start building a good work ethic that will benefit them later in life.
It's so nice when they all cooperate. :)
So great when everyone pulls together. I'm at little steps with my 4 and 6 year olds - putting toys away, picking clothes up off the floor, putting away their clean laundry, dirty dishes to the sink etc.... surprisingly my 4 year old is the most cooperative.
Post a Comment