S N A P S H O T S 2010

My Life in 2010, knowing its going to a better year

Monday, March 22, 2010

Simple Womans Daybook

OR TODAY... 22 March


Outside my window. . . Its still dark

I am listening to... Silence

I am thinking... about a special friend at church whom got cancer last year and came through it, I heard yesterday that she has it again :( :( :( and its serious again

I am thankful for... Friends who think of me

I am wearing... My pink dressing gown its only 645am

I am going... to have a shower soon and have breakie

I am currently reading...I Kissed Goodbye to Dating by Joshua Harris (my dear cousin sent it to me :))

I am hoping... dthat it will be another fine day so much easier to pick up my catologues when it is

Around the house...the dishwasher needs loading up again

One of my favorite things . . .this time of the morning - no else is awake - its my time :)

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week . . . don Wednesday we are going to be visited by a lady whom did correspondence with her children for many years :)
From my picture journal.. last night I went to see this great show with some friends from church. I was touched that I was invited by one of my friends because I didnt know anything about it. The night started with a sing along to some music that made me miss another worship concert I go to about monthly (however what with Christmas etc I havent been last year and this weekend when its on again Im going to Wellington for the day).

Then this great group of Maori performers sang (with English subtitles of what they were signing about on the big screen behind them), danced, did the haka and showed us their great performance which they are going to take Auckland very soon and then over seas as a missionary outreach. At the end of the evening they got a well deserved standing ovation. I pray they bring many people to Christ.

6 comments:

Diane@Diane's Place said...

Hope you have fine weather for your work, Jen. Your Maori performance sounds really interesting. :o)

Have a great new week!

Love and hugs,

Diane

Anonymous said...

What are you coming down to Wellington for? And please can you bring some sunshine with you?

Alice said...

Hi Jen, I loved that book by Joshua Harris. I hope you're enjoying it. :D

PaisleyJade said...

So sorry to hear about your friend.

We used to get all of our youth leaders to read that book by Joshua Harris - he has a new one out now that he is married.

The Maori culture performance sounds awesome - I wonder if they would come up here to Northland???

Jen said...

I did have Diane :) thanks you too:)

LS theres going to be a Sunday School Teachers Conference
only coming for the day :(
Id love to come for longer sometime
I would love to see Te Papa

Alice its a bit . . . heavy . . . in the sense thats its not a story book but Im learning from it and its making me think. Im also regretting the past :(

On thanks PaisleyJade bless you
I cried on Sunday about it
Then I had to stop coz I was teaching Sunday School
I have both books bless my cousin in the UK not sure if the 2nd one will apply to me
Ive decided a while ago that Im though with dating as it is
I dont know if I will ever commit myself again
its been a rough 20 years for me
mind you If I let God it may be all different if I ever met the right guy

it was awesome - dont think its in there plans though. Pray they win heaps of people for Christ in their overseas plans :)

Meg said...

I know what you mean about it being a "bit heavy". it took me a while to get into the style and realise exactly what he was trying to say - possibly because he is American and we Brits have a rather different style of writing. At first I was under several misconceptions as to his meaning but when I backtracked and reread bits it became clear.

I think you will find the second one can apply to you as well - especially if you meet a good man at some later stage in your life.

Jen, remember we ALL have regrets about the past. I know I do. Only the very arrogant or the very immature think they have made no mistakes. Mistakes can help us learn and become stronger, better people in the end. Being able to admit to having made them is a sign both of humility and maturity and makes us more sympathetic towards others.