S N A P S H O T S 2010

My Life in 2010, knowing its going to a better year

Friday, March 12, 2010

I pity the nurses and feeling pressured

Dear friends and family
Yep as I said yesterday
we have reassessed chores
I simply cant do everything

theres parts of me
that want to fall into the pity trap
however I cant afford to
think if I do I may get taken for a ride

B14 is a male and boy do I feel for any nurse that has to do with a male
theres a part of me that wants to believe his foot is sore
theres a part of me that says "Jen youre being as mean as he reckons you are"
theres a part of me thats saying "You dont know how sore it is"
I dont Ive never had a burn like his nor seen a blister like his

However
I am keeping him dosed up with his pain relief
I am taking him to the doctors every day to get it redressed
I am listening to the moaning and groaning
the shouting when he tells me Im expecting too much

I am holding his hand (even when he almost breaks it) when the nurses put the healing cream on it or pop the blister
I am doing his paper run even when I am pushed to my limit
Thinking I may ask the boss to get someone else to do it next week

I am feeling stink about how I am expecting him to pull his weight at the mo
But I cant do everything!!!

I believe as a family we should work together to get what needs done done
he can move around just
Hes not laid up on the couch or bed

What do you think
am i expecting too much?????????
Please be honest
if Im expecting too much at the moment
I can take your word for it
His no
yours yep :)

9 comments:

roseroomnz.com said...

maybe Jen..... but perhaps he could do less strenous jobs for the moment like folding the washing up, reading with his little brother, doing extra school work....... I did think it sounded a lot while he is injured.... but just my own thoughts! Rachaelxo

Jen said...

thanks Rach :)

I want my friends to be honest with me

Anonymous said...

Okay - so knowing B14 like I do... He will make the most of his injury....and males tend to be WAY worse patients that females too, lol! I think he should still pull his weight - after all when YOU are sick/injured there are still things that you HAVE to do...and kids need to learn that sometimes you just have to push through when you are injured or sick....and doing 'Hard Things' makes you better, stronger and more resilient too :) Having said that - maybe he could do some of your jobs that require sitting...ie: folding washing - whilst you do his jobs that require more moving around? He could stack the dishwasher sitting on a stool in front of the sink, etc.....I would love to see if pic of his foot to assess the damage! Remember when Isaac got burnt as a wee one? I kept him dosed up and you wouldnt have known anything was up with him! And his burns covered him form chin to tummy button! Let me know how you get on x0x lovin' ya xox

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meg said...

I agree with Nicki and Rachael that there could perhaps be some swapping round of jobs for the present so that he can still pull his weight whilst resting his foot.I've sent you a l..o..n...g email with suggestions!!!

Seaside Siblings said...

Sounds sore, poor boy. As a nurse (in my other, non mothering life) I say, encourage independence whenever possible. As a mum, I say give him lots of love, he will be better soon and life will go back to normal.

Seaside Siblings said...

Sounds sore, poor boy. As a nurse (in my other, non mothering life) I say, encourage independence whenever possible. As a mum, I say give him lots of love, he will be better soon and life will go back to normal.

Unknown said...

I'm on his side. burns hurt worse than anything especially to a kid. if he says its sore then it is. think of it as a time to serve him. (not what you wanted to hear!) soon he will be too old to baby, nows your chance to make him cozy, buy him treats and generally spoil him.
theres planty of time for his chores, it will heal quick enough. we have a special 'sick blanket' and the sick one gets to sleep in our room with midnight chats and favorite treats! its an opportunity to love!!

Alice said...

Everyone here had given so many helpful suggestions so I will keep all of you in prayers and pray for his speedy recovery. Shower him lots of love!