Outside my window. . . its grey and weve had showers. Which is actually ok. Its easier working when its cool and rainy than when its hot.
I am listening to... the sound of silence. Im the only one home at the mo
I am thinking... about the fact that B14 will probably ask to stay the night at his friends, where he is at, at the mo. I will have to say no. As he is doing a 2 morning holiday programme. The first one was this morning the other is tomorrow morning.
I am thankful for... The help that the Napier Family Centre gave us last year. Thats who is doing the holiday program B14 is doing at the mo. They are also going to stay involved with us this year. They have a boys youth program coming up :) I am going to be helping a young girl, whose 10 - 12 yrs old to gain motivation, confidence and inspiration by becoming a mentor for a year.
I am wearing... my red home care direct shopping tshirt, my black 3/4 pants and my brown shoes
I am remembering... the name I meet this morning when I was working. His dog eagerly met me barking. I told him to go home. Then the man (dutch one I think) congratulated me on telling his dog what to do. He said that his dog could have been aggressive, that in fact he was a big softy and that I handled it well. What I forgot to tell him was that its taken a life time to build that confidence around dogs. I was toppled over as a very young child by a dog that got into our yard through a hole in the fence. I had a great fear for years and years. I guess Im over it. I basically dont take any rubbish from dogs these days. Luckily I havent been bitten when I do my job, I think if it ever happened I would have to give up my job.
I am going... to continue to read some more about Jessie when I have finished doing this. I first heard about her months ago when she first set out then I lost track of her. One of my online friends had this remarkable young lady on her blog the other day so Ive been reading since she left Australia and am slowly catching up on her journey. Sooner or later Ill be updated completely with her. Her blog makes very interesting reading.
I am currently reading... Sara Crewe by Frances Hodgson Burnett - it was one of the books I picked up yesterday
I am hoping... that Aria gets her transplant soon
Noticing that...its funny summer weather - yesterday was brilliant and sunny and today is quite the opposite again
Around the house...the dishes need doing yet again
One of my favorite things . . . my camera, I enjoy taking photos
A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week . . . playgroup tomorrow morning. picking up my catalogues on Wednesday, getting my boy D4 back on Saturday
From my picture journal...Theres a web cam of the city somewhere up the hill and this is a view I never get sick of. This was taken by the web cam yesterday

6 comments:
I think it's wonderful that you're going to be a mentor. It's not an easy job, but it will surely be rewarding for both of you.
That's a gorgeous view from the webcam.
What sort of things does Billy do on his holiday programme? Also what are the sea lice you mentioned on Nicki's blog? I have never heard of them.
What a great view Jen! Congratulations on being a mentor for a little girl, that is so inspiring and will be so rewarding! Its hot, hot and sunny in Auckland today! Have a good day - Rachaelxo
thanks Devil dog wife and Rachael - I hope so
thanks Lou
sent you an email Meg :)
That's a great webcam capture! And God bless Napier Family Centre!
Post a Comment