S N A P S H O T S 2010

My Life in 2010, knowing its going to a better year

Thursday, May 20, 2010

My Bittersweet Day

Thank you for your birthday messages :)
I was treated to breakfast in bed
I was gifted a beautiful cross necklace (which I have vowed to wear all the time), a bottle of nail polish and my daughter made me a very clever home made card
I was sang happy birthday on the phone
we went to McDonalds for dinner
it was a nice day
however it was also bittersweet . . .

The phone call I received as well as being sweet when my friend sang Happy Birthday to me
was also tinged with sadness
at 6.50 am
another friend lost her life to cancer

I didnt get to see her when she got it for the 2nd time
in ways I am now thankful for that
I remember her in the lounge room at church with a group of us gathered around a table learning more of the word from her
she was such a knowledgeable lady about our Lord

I remember her generously allowing us to share her family dinner when we popped in once because we were in the neighborhood
she was a quiet but wise lady

she is with the Lord now
He has given her that welcoming hug that I look forward to one day
she is out of pain
I will miss you dear friend






5 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

I'm glad that you had a nice birthday, but I am sorry to hear about your friend.

While it's hard to say goodbye, it's nice knowing that they are no longer suffering. It's a bittersweet moment. We just have to hold on to the good memories that they left behind.

Meg said...

I'm glad you had such a nice birthday - you will have to take a photo of yourself wearing the cross necklace and post it on the blog or on FB.

I'm sorry, though,about your friend dying, especially as it happened on what was otherwise a happy birthday. The good thing, however, is that she is no longer suffering. You would not have wanted her to continue in pain any more than I wanted it for Kate.

Alice said...

Happy birthday to you, Jen!

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. She's such a sweet person and I know you'll always remember her fondly like you do now.

roseroomnz.com said...

Jen, so glad you had a lovely day and be happy for your friend, she isn't in any more pain and you will always be able to honour her on your very own special day! Rachaelxo

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a special day on your birthday. You deserve that!! :)
I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. (hug)