S N A P S H O T S 2010

My Life in 2010, knowing its going to a better year

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Saying Goodbye to my 30s

For all the ups and downs I had in my 30s I think they were the best years of my life
I learnt a lot
I hope the 40s will be just as good

When I was 30/31 I was home schooling my older daughter
I enjoyed home schooling her
teaching her phonics (which I dont think the schools did a very good job at teaching)
I had my own curriculum for her it was interesting
B14 had a term of home schooling but I found it too hard going so he went to school
We were living in Auckland (were I grew up)

When I was 32
I decided after 2 and 1/2 years of home schooling my daughter that she was getting to smart for me and sent her back to school
I started fulfilling a dream of mine to teach kindergarten children and started what would turn out to be a 3 and 1/2 year bachelor of education
I gained so much more confidence in the first year :)

When I was 33/34 and after 7 long years on my own I started going through my turbulent years
I was sheltered as a teenager and so I really didnt experience the stuff teenagers did so went a bit wild
I decided that it was taking God far to long to find me a man and I needed one (Ive recently decided God always knows best!!)
I dated several on an internet dating site
one in particular was BAD!!!!
it would take me some time to recover from him
it didnt stop me though I dated 2 more men after him
one being D4s dad

My mid 30s saw us move down to Napier to where I consider to be where I will spend the rest of my life unless of God has other plans
I got my bachelor the last 6 months I studied through correspondence
I had my youngest and vowed to enjoy very day with him
Children grow too fast us mothers need to cherish each day with our children they are only little for such a fleeting second
My mid 30s also saw my heart break
my older daughter decided to go and first live with her father, then grandparents
(more about that later :))

When I was 37 I began home schooling again B14 this time
people had been saying for years that I needed to do it
he has learning disabilities and needs one on one tuition
D4s dad moved in with us
up until this point he had been more or less a weekend dad
I wanted more of a commitment even asking him to marry me which he declined

Last year saw me single again
It was a hard year
My life nearly fell apart
However God, friends and family pulled me through
There was also a very special reward that being that my daughter came back into my life

This year has seen me recover to a large extend from last year
I am content now
I have learnt to love me and treat myself as my own best friend
I am closer to God than ever before
I have decided that I am happy if He keeps me single from now on
I have learnt a lot over the last 10 years and although Im beginning to feel old look forward to all God has in-store for me

7 comments:

Meg said...

You are not old at 40 - that is when life begins!!!! Just think what it feels like to be 67 going on 68 LOL!!!

Seriously, though, I would hate to be a teenager or 20 something again. Everything seems to matter so much when you are young. The older you get, you wonder why on earth you got so wound up about so many things which in reality are just trivia. So, enjoy being the age you are now and good luck for your 5th decade.

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

My heart aches for all the trials that you've gone through, but I rejoice in the triumphs that you've also seen with the Lord's help.

Praying that this year will be a wonderful year filled with lots of highs and very few lows.

Liz said...

Jen when I turned 40 my mother said to me "Now you have something to contribute" What she meant by that is that you reach a time in your life when your experiences of the years before give you wisdom to share with someone else. I'm now 46 and for each year older comes another year of wisdom. Happy Birthday Jen.

Sarah said...

Wishing you happiness, strength and good health x You've been through so much, but have gained so much too and sound as though wisdom is on your side. Very best wishes x

Amy said...

hey Jen, a very happy birthday to you, you're the same age as me *grin*

roseroomnz.com said...

Wow Jen!! Tough learning times but good ones too! Wishing you a happy birthday and the continuation for the beautiful life you so deserve! Rachaelxo

Alice said...

Thank you for sharing and chronicling your journey for us. Life throws us many challenges leading to many discoveries along the way. You're not old at all at 40 and in 7 years, I'd be joining the 40's bandwagon. :D