S N A P S H O T S 2010

My Life in 2010, knowing its going to a better year

Monday, May 3, 2010

Simple Womans Daybook

FOR TODAY... 3rd May


Outside my window. . . Its sunny

I am listening to... silence - D4 is at kindy and B14 is with his private tutor

I am thinking... about how sore Im feeling. I think I have the flu

I am thankful for... B14 he helped pick up my catalogues this morning. Couldnt have done it on my own the way Im feeling and they HAD to be collected

I am wearing... pants and a tshirt.

I am going... to take it easy

I am currently reading...a really interesting book called A Jump For Life: A Survivor's Journal from Nazi-Occupied Poland by Ruth Altbeker Cyprys

I am hoping... my body stops aching soon

Around the house...the washing needs hanging out

One of my favorite things . . .is my bed :)

A Few Plans for the Rest of the Week . . . well not a lot unless I feel better real soon

5 comments:

Chavah said...

Oh no, rest up and get well soon. Sounds like an interesting book you're reading.

Anonymous said...

Feel better Jen! Make sure you take panadol regularly. It really helps.

Meg said...

Take it easy and rest as much as possible. My doctor always advises this for flu-like symptoms as he says it gives your immune system a chance to kick in and fight the bug. Have plenty of fluids - it does not matter really what they are so long as they are non-alcoholic (alcohol can dehydrate you when you are running a temperature) and take paracetamol. If you take cold remedies containing paracetamol, DON'T take additional paracetamol tablets.

Over here,one can get somethng called "Day Nurse" and "Night Nurse" in either liquid or tablet form which contain paracetamol and I find these helpful - three doses of Day Nurse at intervals throughout the day and one of Night Nurse at bedtime.

Another thing we have here is "Lem-Sip". This, too, contains paracetamol and you must not take more than four sachets in 24 hours, three if you combine it with a dose of Night Nurse at bedtime which I do as the latter helps induce sleep.

The Lem-sip sachets make up into a hot drink. Sweetened with plenty of honey, which I love, I find this very soothing especially if my symptoms include a sore throat.

Amypie71 said...

wow that sounds like a fascinating book, I might look that up next time at the library :-)

Alice said...

I love my bed too, Jen. :)