Last night I was awoken by a earthquake it was nearly midnight
it was a magnitude of 4
so it wasnt too bad
I however dont like earthquakes
the fact that this is the first one I have felt since moving to our house on the hill is in my opinion very good
Napier is prone to earthquakes it in fact was reshaped in 1931 by a biggy

10 comments:
So glad to hear your quake was 'only' a 4 and that you and yours were not 'reshaped'!!
Sue
So glad the quake was not serious and did no damage to your house or you. We don't often get quakes in England but I can remember feeling two small ones some years ago. One was in the afternoon and the other was at night. Everyone came out into the street wondering what was going on. Each time they only lasted a minute or so.
My grandmother was 12 years old and at school when the 1931 earthquake occured. I remember her telling me about it. We don't normally get them up here but we did have a small one about 5 years ago out Paparoa way.
Hope you have had no more trouble with fresh quakes or after shocks as I think they call them.
Hi Jen! Yessir, quakes can be scary! I've been through four -- one near Seattle, the other three in the Philippines. They weren't too large so I found them fascinating.
We routinely have earthquakes here. I'm not sure if I'll ever truly get use to it. It's an unsettling feeling.
Glad all is well.
Glad all is well. I've felt a few biggies in Welly. My biggest fear is the 'big one' striking and all my family being in different places - I try not to dwell on it!
Glad it wasn't a big one. I was just thinking last week that while I felt four here in Palmy last year, so far I haven't felt one. I don't know whether that's good or bad, but I'm with you - I don't like earthquakes.
yikes that's scary!
Thank goodness you're OK. I don't like any kinds of natural disasters. :(
Post a Comment