S N A P S H O T S 2010

My Life in 2010, knowing its going to a better year

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

1970s ADS

I found an interesting website last night.

Among the ones that triggered memories were:- Brylcreem - my father use to use this and contrary to what the ad says my mother hated it

The KFC one. I dont remember the song. I do remember how the people and animals bumped bumped bumped along. I would have been 5 years old when this ad was on

The Railway one and Breeze soap I remember the songs not the ad themselves

Leggs Pantihose - I remember this one and I use to like the containers came in too :) If memory serves me right I use to like to think they were huge eggs

Theres lot more over the decades - go have a look :)




6 comments:

Meeks said...

Thank you sooo much for putting this link up! I really enjoyed taking a trip down memory lane. I think the pixie caramel one is one of the first ads that I remember! good times..good times ;) I think I will put the link up as part of "my 5 links for the week" next week!

Unknown said...

Haha, I remember the Leggs and the bryl cream.. Aw good funny memories!

Diane@Diane's Place said...

We also had the KFC, L'eggs and Brylcreem commercials here. ;o)

Yay! on D4 being potty trained at night! Emmy will be 3 in May and I hope she's potty trained at night by then, but I'm not holding my breath. :-/

Anonymous said...

tehe! Great link - I must show Rich :) xox

roseroomnz.com said...

don't remember the railway one or breeze soap but do remember the rest - lol! Rachaelxo

Meg said...

We had a friend who used Brylcreme who used to come and stay with us. mum HATED it with a vengeance. It made such a mess of the chair backs and the pillows!